LCTS (Local Collaborative Time Study) Information
“What were you doing at 9:00 a.m.?”
What is LCTS?
The Local Collaborative Time Study (LCTS) is a federal funding source which reimburses Family Service Collaboratives for work some school district, public health and corrections employees do with at-risk children. The federal funds come from Title XIX (Medical Assistance) and Title IV-E (Foster Care and Assistance).
By law, the federal funds received from LCTS activities come back to our local Family Service Collaboratives which are both the Northern & Southern St. Louis County Family Service Collaboratives in St. Louis County. The Collaboratives are an organization made up of partners from the14 school districts, county Social Services and Public Health, Arrowhead Regional Corrections, non-profit organizations, Community Action agencies, and at-large volunteers. The Family Service Collaborative supports local partnerships and efforts focusing on school success; early childhood initiatives and family and community support.
What is the job of the time study participant?
1. To get started:
- Go through the LCTS training materials with the LCTS Designated Site Contact, using the LCTS Web-based Instructions for the Timestudy Participant
- Post your Quick Code Tips somewhere visible so you will be ready when you're contacted about a random moment.
2. When you are notified of a random moment, choose a code:
- When you receive an e-mail notice of a random moment from DHS, choose the appropriate code using the Activity Code Table. For more extensive descriptions of the codes use the Activity Code Reference Guide.
you select codes B-C2 or F
3. After you have chosen a code:
- Complete the e-mail by indicating briefly what you were doing at the time of the Random Moment and
- indicate who you were with at the time of the Random Moment
- Select submit and you are done
Please respond to your LCTS Random Moment as quickly as possible. The moment will become inactive in 7 days and will be a missed opportunity to respond and a loss of reimbursment money.
How does LCTS benefit your school district & Communty?
The money that is generated through the LCTS time study is used to develop and expand programs and services for children and families in St. Louis County. Click on the link below to read about programs supported by LCTS funds:
Validation of Random Moments
A randomly selected 5% of the entire state sample must be validated. If you are a LCTS validator, you will be validating random moments that participants from your organization have completed. LCTS Web-based Instructions for the Validator